“Firebrand Serb leader Vojislav Seselj will learn Wednesday whether UN war crimes judges uphold an appeal against his acquittal for war crimes in the 1990s Balkans conflict.

The 63-year-old radical opposition MP has said he will snub the hearing when presiding judge Theodor Meron reads the ruling in the tribunal in The Hague.

Seselj was acquitted in March 2016 of nine war crimes and crimes against humanity charges after a trial lasting more than eight years at the International Criminal Tribunal for the former Yugoslavia (ICTY).

A three-judge panel led by French judge Jean-Claude Antonetti said prosecutors had ‘failed to prove beyond all reasonable doubt’ or provide sufficient evidence that Seselj was responsible for the crimes he had been charged with.” (Yahoo)