EU High Representative Federica Mogherini spent all last week meeting with officials from the Balkans. She summed up her meetings with them in a blog post titled “One week at work with the Balkans, a crucial year for the region” on her website. Highlight of her week include:
- Early Week – the launch of the historic decision to launch a Permanent Structured Cooperation on defense
- Tuesday, Macedonia – Meeting with Deputy Prime Minister Bujar Osmani and Foreign Minister Nikola Dimitrov. Press release here.
- Wednesday, Albania – Chaired the Stabilisation and Association Council with Albania, together with Foreign Minister Ditmir Bushati. Press Conference here.
- Wednesday/Thursday, Serbia – Chaired the Stabilisation and Association Council with Serbia, together with Prime Minister Ana Brnabic and her and with President Aleksandar Vucic, the day before. Press conference with Brnabic here, press release on meeting with Vucic here.
- Friday, Kosovo – Chaired the Stabilisation and Association Council with Kosovo with Prime Minister Ramush Haradinaj. Press release here.
She gave insight into developments for the Belgrade-Pristina dialogue, “we also worked a lot on the dialogue between Belgrade and Pristina: the two Presidents have committed to opening a new phase for the dialogue, towards a full normalisation of their relations. And the two parties’ political will is essential to reach the goal they have set for themselves.” (full blog here)